Museums And Culture
The central slick (hiding place for weapons) of the Jewish population of Land of Israel was built around 75 years ago at kibbutz Yagur.
Weapons and ammunition had been sent from Europe and secretly brought to the underground slick.
The weapons were unloaded at night, taken down to the slick through a secret hidden opening equipped with a sophisticated mechanism.
On the 29th of June 1946, known as the Black Sabbath, thousands of British soldiers and policemen burst into Yagur searching for illegal weapons, Palmach activists and illegal immigrants.
For a week the British turned over every stone in the besieged kibbutz, until their suspicion was aroused by the slicks ventilation pipes.
After deep digging and breaking through the wall the British reached the central slick and discovered the many weapons hidden in it.