Public Parks & Gardens
"Midron Park," is the first garden in Old Jaffa.
The garden was planned 40 years ago by the late Avraham Caravan, who was the director of the planning department of the Tel Aviv-Jaffa municipality.
The garden was planted on top of buildings and foundations of destroyed houses. The garden stretches about 1.5 acres and extends between the promenade of the Gulf of Solomon and the pier of the Second Aliyah.
The garden is a spectacular observation point of Tel Aviv's shoreline, the promenade and the hotels along the beach, and on the Second Aliyah pier, fishermen stay until late at night.
At the top of the garden stands St. Peter's Church (facing the Kedumim Square), which houses the Vatican Embassy.
Iron cast shore batteries, found in the Jaffa port excavations were placed at the top entrance to the garden,
evidence of the conquest of Jaffa by Napoleon and his army in 1799.